The Innovation Manifesto
Umeå is a strong actor within the Swedish innovation system. The city has an effective and inclusive support system for innovation with world class academic and business incubators [with wide-ranging focus from biomedicine to creative and cultural sectors]. Equally important is the environment in which they operate. Fortunately, it lies in Umeå’s DNA to work inclusively and to challenge perceptions, creating a reflexive and stimulating environment to work in.
Uminova Innovation is a member of the Swedish Incubators & Science Parks, with over 30 years of combined knowledge of business development and innovation. Their innovation manifesto has the purpose to ensure that more innovative knowledge-intense companies are developed and create value for Sweden; consolidating the cooperation between research, education and industry – and overall strengthening Sweden's innovative power.
Sweden’s ambition is to be the world’s best country for innovation. Umeå is a strong contributor to make that happen.
"Umeå University and the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences – are supplying knowledge and competence to industries all over Sweden. Through collaborations between the academic world and industry, new enterprises and innovations are taking form."
The Innovation manifesto in 30 second.
- That Sweden invests in incubators and science parks in order to strengthen regional development and create more sustainable jobs.
- That Sweden has the world's best ecosystem for innovation.
- That Sweden will facilitate the growth of knowledge-intense companies.
- That Sweden strengthens its global competitiveness through inclusion and makes it easy for companies to have the whole world as a recruitment base.
- That Innovation procurement becomes a development engine for a sustainable, innovative and competitive Sweden with sustainable jobs.
- That Sweden is committed to strengthening cooperation in innovation and business development with our Nordic neighbors.